• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guess the Pokémon from its Dex entry!

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
Days
  • And here I was thinking it'd be better to go with newer dex entries as they're more recent and might be fresher in people's memories lol

Not Duskull or it's line. An older dex entry:

"If you're too loud around it, you risk being torn apart by the claws on its tentacle. This Pokémon is also known as the Forest Witch.""
    Oh my gosh. It's Hatterene? Hatterene???

Sorry for not posting a Dex entry earlier. This one is a good one
    Its happy-go-lucky look is an act intended to fool its enemies. It will suddenly drop the facade and overwhelm its foes with its blinding speed.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Hm. Sounds like a Dark type (or maybe a Prankster). Could see Purrloin or Impidimp here. Maybe Whimsicott or Nickit too? For a bigger surprise, maybe something like Slaking or Komala? Surely mentions the sleepiness in that Pokedex entry, though, right?

Goes with Whimsicott. Feels like the most happy-go-lucky Pokemon here. Fits stat-wise.
    _________

Pokedex entry: "It shares its food with people who are stranded. Because [Pokemon] is omnivorous, sometimes it gives those people bug Pokémon."

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Hm. Sounds like a Dark type (or maybe a Prankster). Could see Purrloin or Impidimp here. Maybe Whimsicott or Nickit too? For a bigger surprise, maybe something like Slaking or Komala? Surely mentions the sleepiness in that Pokedex entry, though, right?

Goes with Whimsicott. Feels like the most happy-go-lucky Pokemon here. Fits stat-wise.
    _________

Pokedex entry: "It shares its food with people who are stranded. Because [Pokemon] is omnivorous, sometimes it gives those people bug Pokémon."
    Hmm… Nickit?

Its happy-go-lucky look is an act intended to fool its enemies. It will suddenly drop the facade and overwhelm its foes with its blinding speed.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Going with Impidimp this time.
    ______

Not Nickit for this one.

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Going with Impidimp this time.
    ______

Not Nickit for this one.
    Grafaiai?

Years
  • Definitely thinking Dark type... or potentially a Pokemon that evolves into one further down the line. Sounds like something that would fit Purrloin, though I mainly remember dex entries about it stealing stuff.
    Hmm... probably not Pangoro as I mainly remember strength related stuff like sending dumptrucks flying and liking to fight.... but maybe Pancham? Sounds like something that could fit though I can't recall a single PokeDex entry for it atm xD

As for Devalue's dex entry, I know Delibird shares it's food, but idk a dex entry about stranded people off the top of my head. It might be Delibird though.

"These Pokémon live in herds. Their trunks have incredible grip strength, strong enough to crush giant rocks into powder."

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Definitely thinking Dark type... or potentially a Pokemon that evolves into one further down the line. Sounds like something that would fit Purrloin, though I mainly remember dex entries about it stealing stuff.
    Hmm... probably not Pangoro as I mainly remember strength related stuff like sending dumptrucks flying and liking to fight.... but maybe Pancham? Sounds like something that could fit though I can't recall a single PokeDex entry for it atm xD

As for Devalue's dex entry, I know Delibird shares it's food, but idk a dex entry about stranded people off the top of my head. It might be Delibird though.

"These Pokémon live in herds. Their trunks have incredible grip strength, strong enough to crush giant rocks into powder."
    Isn't that Copperajah?

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • Isn't that Copperajah?

gonna take a stab and say this is Froakie, since I know one of its gen 6 entries mentions it being happy-go-lucky.

"It rarely fights fairly, but that is strictly to ensure survival. It is popular as a mascot."

Last edited:

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • gonna take a stab and say this is Froakie, since I know one of its gen 6 entries mentions it being happy-go-lucky.

"It rarely fights fairly, but that is strictly to ensure survival. It is popular as a mascot."
    Accelgor? That mascot part sticks out to me

This one was hand-picked this time
    There was supposedly an incident in which it launched shining blades to cut everything around it to pieces. Little else is known about it.

Descendng

Years
  • Accelgor? That mascot part sticks out to me

This one was hand-picked this time
    There was supposedly an incident in which it launched shining blades to cut everything around it to pieces. Little else is known about it.
    I believe that's Iron Crown, right? it's a bit fresher in my memory since I caught it in Violet relatively recently.

not Accelgor, but that's a good guess.

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • I believe that's Iron Crown, right? it's a bit fresher in my memory since I caught it in Violet relatively recently.

not Accelgor, but that's a good guess.
    Pangoro, maybe? I'm thinking Fighting-Dark rn

Beware its cotton spores. If you accidentally breathe them in, you'll be racked with coughs and itchiness.

Descendng

Years
  • Pangoro, maybe? I'm thinking Fighting-Dark rn

Beware its cotton spores. If you accidentally breathe them in, you'll be racked with coughs and itchiness.
    immediate first thought was Jumpluff. there's a couple others it could be, but I'll go with that first thought.

not Accelgor or Pangoro!

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • immediate first thought was Jumpluff. there's a couple others it could be, but I'll go with that first thought.

not Accelgor or Pangoro!
    Why do I always get the hard ones lol? Wait, is it Thievul?

Well this one could be anything lol
    They maintain huge flocks, although fierce scuffles break out between various flocks.

Descendng

Years
  • Why do I always get the hard ones lol? Wait, is it Thievul?

They maintain huge flocks, although fierce scuffles break out between various flocks.
    hmmm. first one that comes to mind is Squawkabilly.

not Accelgor, Pangoro, or Thievul. all great guesses, though.
    I'll offer a quick hint: this mon is not a Dark type.

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • hmmm. first one that comes to mind is Squawkabilly.

not Accelgor, Pangoro, or Thievul. all great guesses, though.
    I'll offer a quick hint: this mon is not a Dark type.
    Just pulling at straws now. Pawmot?

Years
  • Flocks so it's gotta be a birb I guess.
    What's a territorial birb that lives in flocks, but isn't Squawkabilly.....

... Pidgeot line... could be.
    ... Fearow line... also possibly....
    ... Doduo line... probably not.
    ... Noctowl line... probably not.
    ... Skarmory... unlikely.

Eh I'll just jot down the most likely ones I guess, this list is gonna get very long otherwise lol.
    -Pidgeotto/Pidgeot.
    -Fearow.
    -Staravia/Staraptor.
    -Honchkrow.
    -Swanna, maybe.
    -Braviary.
    -Fletchinder/Talonflame.
    -Trumbeak/Toucannon.

hmmm.... is it Fearow ?

"It hardly moves, but it's still alive."

I think this got ignored so...

Sounds like a cocoon Pokemon to me.
    Metapod/Kakuna/Silcoon/Cascoon/Swadloon/Whirlipede/Spewpa/Charjabug/Cosmoem/Dottler.

Not Whirlipede at least, as that one likes to move a lot. Probably not Swadloon either. Don't recall anything about hardly moving for Spewpa, think it said something about roaming in SV's Dex.
    The rest... *shrugs*

Metapod/Kakuna/Silcoon/Cascoon/Charjabug/Cosmoem/Dottler.

Well silcoon/cascoon are the same line so.... Silcoon/Cascoon?

"It gazes at the stars to predict the future. It acts somewhat detached because it has seen the end of all existence. "

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Flocks so it's gotta be a birb I guess.
    What's a territorial birb that lives in flocks, but isn't Squawkabilly.....

... Pidgeot line... could be.
    ... Fearow line... also possibly....
    ... Doduo line... probably not.
    ... Noctowl line... probably not.
    ... Skarmory... unlikely.

Eh I'll just jot down the most likely ones I guess, this list is gonna get very long otherwise lol.
    -Pidgeotto/Pidgeot.
    -Fearow.
    -Staravia/Staraptor.
    -Honchkrow.
    -Swanna, maybe.
    -Braviary.
    -Fletchinder/Talonflame.
    -Trumbeak/Toucannon.

hmmm.... is it Fearow ?

I think this got ignored so...

Sounds like a cocoon Pokemon to me.
    Metapod/Kakuna/Silcoon/Cascoon/Swadloon/Whirlipede/Spewpa/Charjabug/Cosmoem/Dottler.

Not Whirlipede at least, as that one likes to move a lot. Probably not Swadloon either. Don't recall anything about hardly moving for Spewpa, think it said something about roaming in SV's Dex.
    The rest... *shrugs*

Metapod/Kakuna/Silcoon/Cascoon/Charjabug/Cosmoem/Dottler.

Well silcoon/cascoon are the same line so.... Silcoon/Cascoon?

"It gazes at the stars to predict the future. It acts somewhat detached because it has seen the end of all existence. "
    Gothitelle. And you got close. It was in your list

Years
  • Fletchinder/Talonflame ?

"Searching for an opponent to test its skills against, it emerges onto land. Once the battle is over, it returns to the sea. "

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Fletchinder/Talonflame ?

"Searching for an opponent to test its skills against, it emerges onto land. Once the battle is over, it returns to the sea. "
    Grapploct?

Back