• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo - E3 Digital Showcase Discussion

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Yeah, seems like the conference was really just a way to build on established games/announced titles. That's a shame.

Reeeally hoping the Treehouse builds on it with announcements and such which, if it does, I'll find out in the headlines, because now I'm heading over to Squenix's conference which is starting very soon.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So Blast Ball IS Metroid Soccer. Are you happy, guys? You've got your new Metroid game, which is a spin-off, which means potential third Metroid rep that isn't Ridley for the next Smash. Star Fox Zero is like the lovechild of Star Fox 2 and 64, and I'm loving this. We could finally dethrone 64 as the pinnacle of the series. I'll ask my brother if he wants Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival. I was certainly not expecting Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi to have a crossover, which means Mario has the deepest lore of all video game series.

Man, so much negativity in this thread.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    That was pretty disappointing. Most of it was stuff we already knew about...and Star Fox Zero was the only new game that got my interest. Triforce Heroes looks good...but local play co-op is...not great. No details at all about the new Fire Emblem game, though? -______-

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Tri Force Heroes has online play. You probably missed it since it was barely mentioned or shown. On the bottom of the screen at one point they had the "Broadband Internet Acess required" disclaimer. It's most likely local and online

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    So Blast Ball IS Metroid Soccer. Are you happy, guys? You've got your new Metroid game, which is a spin-off, which means potential third Metroid rep that isn't Ridley for the next Smash. Star Fox Zero is like the lovechild of Star Fox 2 and 64, and I'm loving this. We could finally dethrone 64 as the pinnacle of the series. I'll ask my brother if he wants Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival. I was certainly not expecting Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi to have a crossover, which means Mario has the deepest lore of all video game series.

Man, so much negativity in this thread.
    It's not that what they showed didn't look interesting, it's just that, surprisingly, very little "new" was shown. The new that was shown was well received though, and I'm quite looking forward to Starfox and possibly Animal Crossing. And of course X, Youkai Watch, and all the Fire Emblem.

I was hoping for Inazuma Elevenb but, well, you can't have you're cake or eat it.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    A very safe presentation. Much like the other companies.

Star Fox Zero is definitely a buy. Fire Emblem Fates, I can already spot that Travis Willingham and Matthew Mercer are back in. SMT x FE, I like it so far, it has a style that's going to turn some people away though. XENOBLADE IS TOO FAAAAAR. Hyrule Warriors 3DS! Heavily considering. Paper Jam looks cool.

Years
    So seems it got received pretty badly (2000 dislikes on the offical video on Nintendo's youtube channel).
    I liked it, it gave info of Fire Emblem Fates, looking like dual-version might end up not being a thing in the west.
    LoZ Triforce Heroes looks fun, I enjoyed a Link Between Worlds.
    Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam................... Yes, all of my yes, so much yes, you can not believe how much yes I can yes.
    Metroid Prime: Federation Force looks interesting, sure it may not be the Metroid everyone wanted but it might still be a really fun game, it's them just trying something different.
    SMTxFE I don't care what anyone says: That. isn't. Cain. Well it seems to work like they summon FE characters, even though they look nothing like sad FE characters, and then fuse into animoe heroes or somethinng.
    Also no Digimon Re:Digitize Decode localization, combined with no Cyber Sleuth at Sony (they could've had it at the Vita section) I think Digimon games are now officially dead in the west.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I still want to see a Mario x Pokémon crossover, but a Paper Mario x Mario & Luigi crossover is good enough.

Also, I should remind everyone that there may still be a couple of unannounced games saved for Nintendo's private conferences, which is how they announced Codename S.T.E.A.M.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    All things considered, though, regardless how these few days go or what we thought of the video conference...

...Can we all agree that the puppets dancing was fantastic? I'll need to own gifs of those, 'cause they seem like the greatest thing to cheer someone up when their down.

They were kind of creepy when they weren't dancing...those eyes...

Do we even know if Nintendo will be having a private conference this year? Last year I heard rumors about the S.T.E.A.M. one before it happened.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Thank you internet.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And my personal favorite:
    Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Iwata has addressed the criticism towards the digital event and will work to meet expectations: https://playeressence.com/satoru-iw...ent-seriously-will-work-to-meet-expectations/

Knowing how rabid most Nintendo fans are, not knowing what they really want, this achievement will never be accomplished. The least they could do is just announce 1 or 2 big titles, regardless if it's an installment of an already existing franchise or a new IP.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Man, Nintendo fans are pissed. They act like Nintendo murdered their families and proceeded to murder their friends. I guess Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, Star Fox Zero, Mario Maker, and Legend of Zelda: Tri force Heroes are crap because the rest of the direct was. I feel kinda bad. This is the most negative reception since E3 2008 and arguably even worse so than that.

Although I don't mean to brag but I had the feeling in the back of my head that there wouldn't be a true Metroid game when Recore was announced to be made by the team of Metroid Prime.

Well, next year is going to be the NX announcement as well as everything the fans wanted from last year. (Or at least most). But I'M going to enjoy these new games, don't know about you other guys.

I mean, you'll love them again by the next Nintendo Direct.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, people are going nuts about it. I found it weaker than last year with some disappointments, but it's not the end of the world. (And heck, I have a bad enough backlog as it is, haha).

Star fox looks alright to me. More interested in happy home designer now, as with Mario Maker (but that was in part due to the championships). AC Mario Party... less so. Probably missing that. I really ought to play more Metroid from the Wii U VC sale too so no comment on that.

Three swords with online? Neat! A Paper Mario x Mario & Luigi crossover where Bowser has characterisation? Fantastic, you're already solving half of Sticker Star's problems, and I doubt there'd be no levelling in this as well. Can't wait for that.

Date for Xenoblade X is good to have now, assuming it is the same (or very similar) for Europe and Australia. Idk about Youkai watch/yoshi's woolly world, maybe will look into those more. FE is a while away yet I presume. Apparently we are to get the two versions?

Back