• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo - E3 Digital Showcase Discussion

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yep, Earthbound Beginnings (or Mother) announced during the Nintendo Championships. That's two Mother games...

Gotta say that the little I saw of the final that Mario Maker looks pretty good fun as well.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Ugh, I skipped out on the NWC and I'll probably regret it.

Last year I had a lot of fun with the Smash Tournament, and this was the resurgence of something huge. Ah, well, I'm at least glad to hear that people enjoyed it.

Hope the presentation's equally as exciting.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I sort of accidentally stumbled into watching NWC around Splatoon and I'm so glad I did. It was a lot of fun to watch, especially for something I'd initially written off.

I can't believe they made me so excited about Mario Maker, lmao.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    Super Mario Maker is definitely on my Must Buy list. I can't believe how easily John made it through the final stage. That was crazy. I watched the whole thing with my friends on TeamSpeak and we were losing it by the end.

Then Miyamoto comes out and is an adorable old Japanese man. He took his sweet time drawing on that N3DS.

Oh, man. I'm still shaky from excitement. And lack of food. I meant to prepare a snack beforehand but kind of never got around to it. Watching the NWC was the most fun I've had in a long time.

What was your guys' favorite part(s)?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    > Fans have been constantly requesting for Mother 3 to be localized
    > Nintendo gives us Mother 1 instead

Eh, close enough.

The World Championship was amazing to watch. I suspected Egoraptor to be the first to get eliminated due to his shtick at Game Grumps, but he managed to survive for 3 stages. Anyone surprised that Nintendo introduced a new IP as part of the World Championship before its reveal at their Digital Event? The gameplay is oddly similar to Metroid Prime; is this the game Retro Studios was working on this whole time, or is it actually Next Level Games, since they've worked on Mario Strikers? Reggie's body wasn't ready for Smash, as he totally got rekt relentlessly by Hungrybox.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
    I suspected Egoraptor to be the first to get eliminated due to his shtick at Game Grumps, but he managed to survive for 3 stages.

Aw, I was rooting for him up until he got eliminated. I didn't think he'd win, but I'm glad he got as far as he did.

Anyone surprised that Nintendo introduced a new IP as part of the World Championship before its reveal at their Digital Event? The gameplay is oddly similar to Metroid Prime; is this the game Retro Studios was working on this whole time, or is it actually Next Level Games, since they've worked on Mario Strikers?

I was very surprised about Blast Ball, or whatever it was called. I have no idea who's working on it, but I agree - it looks very much like one of the DS Metroid Prime games.

Reggie's body wasn't ready for Smash, as he totally got rekt relentlessly by Hungrybox.

Not at all >_> That could have been the highlight of the entire stream for me, but poor Reggie never even jumped, and couldn't comprehend how to recover. I don't feel like he was training this past year like he told us he would T_T I'm just happy that he picked Ryu. I was dicking around with my friends during the stream about how I just wanted Ryu to be somewhere in the stream, and then both Reggie AND Ryu were there. It was surreal.

And then the match started.

And then the Hungrybox dissed Reggie in front of the whole world. That kid's got balls.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    You know what, fuck it, I'm watchin' a recording.

I suspected Egoraptor to be the first to get eliminated due to his shtick at Game Grumps, but he managed to survive for 3 stages.
    Well, you have to consider that he did have to qualify to get there, so he had to be pretty good to get to that point.

EDIT: Wow, all these speedrunners. Feels like SGDQ came early.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Oh man was that a fun way to get the gype started. New games, old games, unannounced games, this thing was packing. I guess the SMM rereveal at the end cleared the way for us to just get a release date in the DE, or at best, fr that to be press release material. I mean hell, if Mario Maker which is pretty big got a rereveal in a tourney that was basically a marketing tool, then their digital event news must be really big. I Am still adamantt Pokemon's 2016 game will get a reveal, no way all they have for 3DS is BlastBall, Fe if, and happy home designer. There has to be a big hit title in there, or maybe two, Metroid and Pokemon is my guess. Wii U is a wild card at this point, Starfox potentially being a bigger focal point then SMM is something I never considered, but after yesterday who knows. The DE is gonna be nuts, I can feel it.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
    Last night was amazing in my book. The world championships were just completely amazing to watch and then when they showed that Super Mario Maker was the final stage of the show; my heart started to race. And those kaizo-inspired levels, wow. It really makes me want to get that game now, it really does. The icing on top of last night's stream was when I saw the Fo4 announcement and welp, that game looks incredible as well. Its just, I saw what I needed to see from last night, today I except to see something either passing-grade or just laughably bad from Microsoft's, EA's, and Ubisoft's show. What I am waiting for is Sony's show today and then tomorrow, Nintendo's main event. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Nintendo needs to bring in new game announcements to compete with how good Sony and Microsoft were. Announce more info on Star Fox, announce new Metroid and mabye even a new Earthbound game. But what I'd like to see would be some new IP's. Splatoon is a heck of a game so it's obvious that Nintendo can bring out fresh new IP's without rehashing past ideas.

Also, release Mario Maker after the presentation. It won't ever happen but it would be awesome nevertheless.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Nintendo needs to bring in new game announcements to compete with how good Sony and Microsoft were. Announce more info on Star Fox, announce new Metroid and mabye even a new Earthbound game. But what I'd like to see would be some new IP's. Splatoon is a heck of a game so it's obvious that Nintendo can bring out fresh new IP's without rehashing past ideas.

Also, release Mario Maker after the presentation. It won't ever happen but it would be awesome nevertheless.
    They've already announced a new IP back at the Nintendo World Championship, and it's called Blast Ball. I foree Mario Maker being released on September, which was the month the original SMB was released 30 years ago. And Earthbound is finished, as told by Itoi himself, a long time ago. The only prediction I see plausible is a new Metroid due to the surrounding evidence regarding development of the next installment.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Huh.

See, I thought the puppets were just a design choice, but it makes sense when you consider that how Starfox's characters talk are based off of, well, puppets (that's why their mouths and faces moves as they do).

Also, can we talk about how Starfox 0 looks like everything Starfox 2 was supposed to be and more. And all that Starfox 64 homage.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Hm...this is all good and nice, but I wonder if they'll show any completely, unannounced stuff.

Though this has all been First Party so far, so there's still hope, but- WELL LOOK AT ME PUTTING A FOOT IN MY MOUTH.

This Animal Crossing game looks pretty interesting. It's like Dokapon Kingdom without the fighting. So Fortune Street. But I really like the aesthetic and the events as they look.

Still hoping for some new IPs, though. For the most part, there haven't been an particularly big new reveals. Hopefully this is just the start, though. I mean, the Zelda, Metroid Prime, and Animal Crossing games look interesting, but they aren't "big" reveals, I'd say. They seem to be more interested in reinforcing currently announced titles so far. But who knows.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    That isn't what I wanted for a WiiU Animal Crossing game. :(
    I'd say this is better. I like that they're trying something new rather than providing more of the same.

Oh cool, it's Youkai Watch. Hoping to see more Level-5 stuff.

Hm...these were actually all First Party, save for Atlus and Level-5 (though one of the two IPs for the former's game is First Party, so it was really only Level-5). So...is this it? Or will we see more at the Treehouse?

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam. I've literally been asking for a Paper Mario x Mario and Luigi FOREVER. My two favorite Mario series. They're together. I''m so happy. Nintendo loves me. I knew that they did!

Years
    disappointing so far tbh. not a lot of information on fe: fates (if) besides 2016 release date, though that was sort of expected. other than that mario & luigi and paper mario crossover (or whatever it is) is the only game that caught my attention so far.

Back