• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Up v. Down v1, Blue Shades (Teal Mask or Indigo Disk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years

I haven't tried the second Gen 8 DLC yet, but I'm hoping that shiny hunting the Legendaries in it doesn't take a lifetime and a half like the few times I've tried hunting regular Pokemon in that game. And on the topic of Gen 8, I do sort of agree that the first DLC area was pretty useless overall. It had a couple of nice 'bonus features' you could unlock there like having a Pokemon follow you around in the style of the Gen 2 remakes, and some neat bike colors and such, but the story was pointless and uninteresting to me, and the money pit of the dojo really didn't need to be a thing either. I liked some of the brought back Pokemon from TM, and I LOVED Ogerpon, but the rest of TM felt as equally pointless as Gen 8's first DLC to me.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

I shall continue to argue that IndDisk was the worse of the two. I don't care about difficulty, I'm already doing nuzlockes of this. And the setting… yeah, sorry but I much preferred the other one over this terarium school thing. It wasn't similar to the original game at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years

I haven't tried the second Gen 8 DLC yet, but I'm hoping that shiny hunting the Legendaries in it doesn't take a lifetime and a half like thr few times I've tried hunting regular Pokemon in that game.

The odds are pretty good with a shiny charm. No Shiny Charm = 1 in 300
    Shiny Charm = 1 in 100.
    1 in 100 for each Pokemon you catch, which does mean you can end up rolling more than 1 and are forced to pick between them.

I haven't done any actual shiny hunting in it, I pretty much just randomly run through it from time to time to see if I get lucky on one of the runs in Shield. Though I did already catch all the legendaries/UB's in that, so I only get 3 mons to choose from =P

As for length, it pretty much comes down to how you choose to navigate the area and how your rental Pokemon hold up against the legendary/UB at the end. I never really timed myself, but unless you can take a path where you can steamroll everything including the mon at the end I think it's probably not a very fast method.

I do still wanna hunt the ice legendaries like Articuno & Kyurem in my Sword game's DA though, where I have yet to do any of them.

and the money pit of the dojo really didn't need to be a thing either.

Oh please don't remind me xD
    I gave them enough Watts for the vitamin machine and then just ditched giving them any. Couldn't be bothered to grind Watts just for league cards and what not.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

The odds are pretty good with a shiny charm. No Shiny Charm = 1 in 300
    Shiny Charm = 1 in 100.
    1 in 100 for each Pokemon you catch, which does mean you can end up rolling more than 1 and are forced to pick between them.

I haven't done any actual shiny hunting in it, I pretty much just randomly run through it from time to time to see if I get lucky on one of the runs in Shield. Though I did already catch all the legendaries/UB's in that, so I only get 3 mons to choose from =P

As for length, it pretty much comes down to how you choose to navigate the area and how your rental Pokemon hold up against the legendary/UB at the end. I never really timed myself, but unless you can take a path where you can steamroll everything including the mon at the end I think it's probably not a very fast method.

I do still wanna hunt the ice legendaries like Articuno & Kyurem in my Sword game's DA though, where I have yet to do any of them.

That's a lot of good info, thanks for letting me know what I'm in for ReKoil!

Oh please don't remind me xD
    I gave them enough Watts for the vitamin machine and then just ditched giving them any. Couldn't be bothered to grind Watts just for league cards and what not.

Hahaha! XD

Last edited:

PageEmp

Years

Hm… where was that reply to me where I was pointing out one of the previous comments being racist? But that said I want to shed light on a comment that I claimed to be offended by:

Paldea 2.0, but now it's asian

No, just no. Are you implying that's a bad thing? Because if you are then that is absolutely terrible. Also, statements like "_____ but now it's a minority race" are not acceptable because being black, or asian, or anything relating to people of colour isn't a genre. I'm sick of everyone treating non-white entities… well, like what I said.

Also, that statement has some holes in it. The first wave of DLC doesn't feel like the original game at all and if so, then both DLCs are really the same thing. And the original game had many characters of colour (which was amazing and I genuinely preferred those characters to most of the whit looking ones). Back before the original game came out, it was my biggest hope that the majority of the cast would be people of colour no matter what country the region would have been based off.

I'm very sorry if I ended up ruining this for anyone, I do not mean to start offense here, but this is a serious problem I see in many places online and I just couldn't help it. Please, do not treat being black, or asian, or any minority race as something comparable. I'm just so tired of seeing that.

Years

No it just means the area feels like it's more Paldea, but with an Asian theme/style for areas with buildings. That's all, quite literally actually as most of the area is nature. =P
    You seem to be one taking comparing two building styles/themes as a bad thing.

Just look at the town and Kitakami Hall, they have a clearly Asian building style, whereas Paldea has a clear Spanish or European building style and theme.

Additionally I didn't say it was bad or good at all, I just commented on it being the only change the area has, which given that the area is mostly nature, is not a very big one.

The area around the town and hall, aka most of the map (like what 90% of the area?), feels like Paldea still, unlike the Terrarium of Indigo Disk, which feels like a distinctly new area due to the weird 4 season split thing it has and those unnatural blocks in it, along with being in a dome.

It's not related to the inhabitants or their race at all smh.

Last edited:

PageEmp

Years

I'm glad you explained your points. I eventually did figure out you probably didn't mean it in a bad way.

The area around the town and hall, aka most of the map (like what 90% of the area?), feels like Paldea still, unlike the Terrarium of Indigo Disk, which feels like a distinctly new area due to the weird 4 season split thing it has and those unnatural blocks in it, along with being in a dome.
    And while I do perfectly understand your points, this is the only one that I… personally see differently. When it comes to the original game and the two DLC, I see them all as they are either the same thing (the wide open outdoors open world) or they are all different. So yeah what I said previously I admit wasn't clear enough. More power to you that you think that, and I totally get what you're saying, but for me it doesn't make a difference.

So yeah, I am sorry if I caused any trouble here, and I hope I didn't end up ruining the game. So let us continue! :]

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

As a shiny hunter who doesn't always want to grind raids just to hunt a random outbreak, I really like the inclusion of the ID's cafeteria food that gives sparkling power 1 for a small fee. It may not be as potent as a shiny sandwich, but you also don't need to waste one on just seeking a single Pokemon.

Years

Might wanna check if you're on the final page =P

Anyway for the cafeteria food from Indigo Disk mentioned by Alex... I've kinda been going nuts with it. Shiny Charm + Sparkling Power level 1 from the food + beat down 60 Pokemon in an outbreak and it's pretty unlikely you'll not see a shiny in that outbreak =P

PageEmp

Years

I'm back, back to vote for the DLC that isn't super hard on the nuzlocke I played the game with.

Years
  • Hi everyone, I hope you enjoyed playing this. Because the game went inactive for some time and the original maker was not here, another tug-of-war game has been created with a different topic. Closing this thread. Since Indigo Disk is closer to the target number at 103, I am going to call the game a win for it. Good job to all dlc players.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back