• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Up v. Down v1, Blue Shades (Teal Mask or Indigo Disk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
Days
  • Hey! This is the first Up v. Down thread! Here are the rules-
    Count up or down from 250 for what you want/like better to 500 (if you're going up) or 0 (if you're going down)
    • No double posting or leapfrogging (posting right after someone else has posted)
    • You have to post the next number if you post (this is voting). You can post other things in your post if you'd like
    • No switching what you're voting for

I hope you have fun with this!

Teal Mask is going down to 0
    Indigo Disk is going up to 500

We'll start at 250! Start counting up or down!

Note, pm the current Up v. Down threadmaker if you want to make the next one! For this game, that's me, Nanulak

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today

Liked Indigo Disk's area better. Also had little quests which, while repetitive, provided more engagement and something to do beyond filling the Pokedex.

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days

I like the Teal Mask better. While the Indigo Disk has Incineroar, Teal Mask's area is just much more beautiful and I like the overworld music. Plus there's an actual storyline instead of beating the Pokémon League and post game all over again. Teal Mask also has Okidogi and my bonk girl lol

Years

I can definitely understand that. The teal mask story was good and Ogerpon was adorable, I will admit. But I love Unova so much so I was absolutely biased towards indigo disk - especially since we got edgy/cool Kieran on top of that, who I thought was adorable haha.

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days

I can definitely understand that. The teal mask story was good and Ogerpon was adorable, I will admit. But I love Unova so much so I was absolutely biased towards indigo disk - especially since we got edgy/cool Kieran on top of that, who I thought was adorable haha.
    Yeah, but Kieran was introduced in the Teal Mask lol. I wonder if we can count Mochi Mayhem as part of Teal Mask. I love that storyline, so that's another thing lol. Kieran is also adorable all the time lol

Years

Yeah, but Kieran was introduced in the Teal Mask lol. I wonder if we can count Mochi Mayhem as part of Teal Mask. I love that storyline, so that's another thing lol. Kieran is also adorable all the time lol
    Yeah, that's part of why I like it too lol. Mochi Mayhem was so random but also really fun. Honestly I like both of them, if it's one thing GF are good at doing it's making interesting characters!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello! Section Mod here requesting that future games of this follow the current Forum Games's section version of counting to 200 or 0 from 100 to keep the games shorter. Thank you!

And while I really didn't care much for anything in Teal Mask, I do LOVE Ogrepon, and the reunion with the old Prof. was a great touch! And while I also didn't care for the continuing story of the students in Indigo, I really liked the dome, and the extra Area 0 stuff was fantastic from a music and visual point of view! I'll go with the visuals and music though. 252

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days
  • Hello! Section Mod here requesting that future games of this follow the current Forum Games's section version of counting to 200 or 0 from 100 to keep the games shorter. Thank you!

And while I really didn't care much for anything in Teal Mask, I do LOVE Ogrepon, and the reunion with the old Prof. was a great touch! And while I also didn't care for the continuing story of the students in Indigo, I really liked the dome, and the extra Area 0 stuff was fantastic from a music and visual point of view! I'll go with the visuals and music though. 252
    Ah, ok. So we start at 100 and go up or down from there? Tbh I just introduce games that I like from other forums onto new ones lol. This came from Bulbagarden, and as of now, I think that version 105 is happening XD

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years

Teal Mask is easily both my favourite DLC in the franchise so far and my favourite main series product for gen9 (in which my preference, before playing the epilogue, stands at that, then base SV, then IndDisk) and I don't think any amount of convincing would make me move to IndDisk's side, not even if everyone else votes IndDisk.

Why I like it? Well, I immensely enjoyed the new setting a lot more, I enjoyed exploring it, the plot was actually very good, I liked the characters and the development and all, and I thought it was enjoyable.

And I do really like IndDisk too… but I actually find the plot to be mediocre overall, while most of the academy part was good, the later part where they keep reminding me of Area Zero and even the whole Area Zero segment I just thought were not entertaining at all. And personally didn't care too much about the increased difficulty either, because all it did was cuck my nuzlocke. And I'm expecting this to be a contoversial opinion, but I don't remember liking a single new chracter from IndDisk.

And yes, I am also a massive gen5 fan here, but the fact it's on the same region doesn't really affect me.

So… yeah. I'm incredibly sorry guys. Again, at least I did enjoy both. If theres anything you'd like me to agree with you all on… howabout the fact that I thought this generations's DLC was way better than gen8's DLC? (Gen8's second DLC I plan to try to give another chance, but I really didn't like it's first one… that's a story for another time though.)

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days

Teal Mask is easily both my favourite DLC in the franchise so far and my favourite main series product for gen9 (in which my preference, before playing the epilogue, stands at that, then base SV, then IndDisk) and I don't think any amount of convincing would make me move to IndDisk's side, not even if everyone else votes IndDisk.

Why I like it? Well, I immensely enjoyed the new setting a lot more, I enjoyed exploring it, the plot was actually very good, I liked the characters and the development and all, and I thought it was enjoyable.

And I do really like IndDisk too… but I actually find the plot to be mediocre overall, while most of the academy part was good, the later part where they keep reminding me of Area Zero and even the whole Area Zero segment I just thought were not entertaining at all. And personally didn't care too much about the increased difficulty either, because all it did was cuck my nuzlocke. And I'm expecting this to be a contoversial opinion, but I don't remember liking a single new chracter from IndDisk.

And yes, I am also a massive gen5 fan here, but the fact it's on the same region doesn't really affect me.

So… yeah. I'm incredibly sorry guys. Again, at least I did enjoy both. If theres anything you'd like me to agree with you all on… howabout the fact that I thought this generations's DLC was way better than gen8's DLC? (Gen8's second DLC I plan to try to give another chance, but I really didn't like it's first one… that's a story for another time though.)
    Welcome to the few people who prefer the Teal Mask than the Indigo Disk lol

I'm especially glad that the Teal Mask introduced the meadow (isn't it called the Wistful Prarie?) and the Crystal Pool. Very beautiful areas!

Nanulak

A ghost in the snow
    Days

And I have listened to the Terapagos theme. I like Area Zero theme and the changes they made to it for Terapagos's!

PageEmp

Years

To reply to AAF… it's cool music indeed but the sole reason why IndDisk would be better? While ignoring the annoying difficulty boost (as someone who Nuzlockes the new games) or the bad plot (to me at least)

Well let us just agree thag these DLCs were way better than the last generation's DLCs (seriously I really just hated SS's first DLC which I forgot the name of. So forgettable, irritating, and just a slog to play through. Played that thing many times and NEVER had fun.)

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

I wasn't really a fan of the overarching story of either of the Gen 9 DLCs. TM's was very boring, and as someone who likes to RP characters, had a moment in it that I totally hated that ruined the rest of the plot for me. And ID's plot was 'just the same thing as the base game, but harder'. Not really a fan of much else but the focus on doubles in regards to that.
    The Area 0 stuff on the other hand was very nice to me, beyond having to babysit the other characters I didn't like much.

PageEmp

Years

Let us just admit that this round of DLC was better than gen8's loathesome DLC. None of them were good at all and I ESPECIALLY despised the first one.

And while I completely agree with your point that IndDisk was just the same thing but hard being a bad point, your other points are kinda good reasons on my side.

I genuinely would like to go on about how awful the first wave of gen8's DLC and how I played it many times just to see if it would get good eventually, but nothing happened. Seriously I just really detested the SS's first DLC. Both of them were mediocre but the first one was just awful on so many levels.

Years

Although Isle of Armor was mediocre and pretty uninteresting, Crown Tundra blows both Indigo Disk and Teal Mask out of the water. It had a strong selection of great new Pokemon and something to do that was actually both repeatable and fun to me. I've played Dynamax Adventure for way too dang long and still on occasion boot up Shield to do a couple =D
    I may also just be a sucker for ice areas as well lmao

Between Teal Mask and Indigo Disk, the latter wins for me simply due to having double battles (which I generally like far more than single battles) and the Terrarium being a far more interesting to explore place than ''Paldea 2.0, but now it's asian'' aka Teal Mask. It does have above average story, for Pokemon standards that is, but is still lackluster compared to any good RPG with an actually good story so story will never be a factor for me. GF would need to actually gives us a good story for once for me to even care about that.

Teal Mask also has Ogre Oustin' which I just straight up loathe due to two of it's three difficulties being straight up impossible in SP.
    As far as new mons go it's pretty much Fezandipiti/Ogerpon that I like from Teal Mask vs Archaludon/Iron Boulder from Indigo Disk so I guess that's a tie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back