• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Boom: Ice And Fire announced.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    3DS only it seems. Another fucking Sonic Boom game. what is this garbage.

Sonic Boom: Ice And Fire announced.

Apparently the TV show is very successful so I guess they want to build off that success? But I mean cmon... It's on 3DS and looks like a 2D sonic from the trailer. Developed by Sanzaru, same guys who did the other 3DS Sonic Boom game.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1TwJmYz3eQ

Thoughts? I thought Sonic Boom got a bad rep. Why are they doing another damn game.

EDIT: OOPS GOT THE TITLE WRONG IT'S FIRE AND ICE NOT ICE AND FIRE LOL!!!! The game will have fire and ice based gameplay i guess

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Wow, really? I thought SEGA would pull the plug on Sonic Boom games after Rise of Mediocrity and Shattered Expectations. I know the TV show is one of the only good cartoons on air right now but the games had miserable sales, and the game just looks like a rehash so I don't know what they're expecting. I didn't even buy the first 3DS one since I hated the demo so I'll pass.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well it could be worse, it could be developed by Big Red Button.
    From what I heard Shattered Crystal wasn't too bad (just decent-ish).
    Eh, I think it's more of a shame we're not seeing one by Big Red Button.

After all, Rise of Lyric being so bad made it something of a constant joy, whereas Shattered Crystal is, as you said, decent. I always say that a bad game is far more enjoyable than a decent one because mediocrity is boring, you don't get much fun out of it. It's just...well, okay. But when something is truly bad, there's always fun yo be had by relishing in how bad it is.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Uh-oh. We have the worst Sonic game since Sonic '06... and they're gonna make a sequel to it. Maybe I should link to that JonTron video...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Different group, right?

I played neither, but did try the demo for the 3ds title, and from what I tried and what I read of it that one was decent. Not a great game but certainly respectable enough unlike the Wii U Sonic Boom title. That name alone will be hard to shake off for this team I fear, even if they do a good job out of it. =/

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Uh-oh. We have the worst Sonic game since Sonic '06... and they're gonna make a sequel to it. Maybe I should link to that JonTron video...
    Well, kinda. Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal weren't the same game. They had different stories, mechanics, and most importantly, different development studios and teams. It's better to think of them as separate games of the same root.

Shattered Crystal, the game on the 3DS that has the same developer as this, was, as many have said, decent. It certainly wasn't nearly as badgood as Rise of Lyric (which you might have been thinking of) or Sonic 06.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Seeing that Shattered Crystals was suppose to be the better game than Rise of Lyric, it would make sense to make a sequel to the 3DS title.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I feel like everytime something happens I always disagree with the majority in some way. I just watched the trailer, and I think it looks better then what I been hearing about the last games (of course I would have to play it myself first).

Back