• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon Grand Colosseum

Kya

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2022
    Pokemon Grand Colosseum

Very happy to finally be able to share the first full Pokemon Colosseum QOL and difficulty ROM hack to date!

Grand Colosseum not only acts as a difficulty hack to one of the hardest pokemon games out there, but brings a host of QOL changes, including but not limited to

. Physical/Special split

. Fairy type

. 50+ New moves

. Stat/type/Ability updates and changes (In line with Drayano's hacks)

. Revamped TM list with 8 new TMs

. Infinite TM use

. New shadow encounters

. Gym themed Colosseum battles

. Higher difficulty

. Gen 6 type chart

This is only version 1.0 so there may be a few trainers I've forgotten to update or leveled wrong, so if you find any you can head on over the the gamecube pokemon hacking discord here https://discord.gg/kPpxYVZP to shout at me about it.

Must give a massive shoutout to Stars who has helped me throughout this process, and who without his tools I'd have not even managed to turn a Zigzagoon into a Linoone. There are plenty of other features I'd love to bring to this project in the future, so anyone knowledgeable in the ways of coding/texture editing who wants to work on a project like this please get in touch!

Link to find patch: https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/4623-pokemon-grand-colosseum/

How to patch

Apply the patch file to a clean Pokemon ColosseumISO using any UPS patcher. This patch was made for the NTSC (US) version so it will not work on other versions. The iso is quite large so it may take a few minutes.

Always patch onto a clean ISO, even if you are applying an update.

If you encounter an error when patching , make sure your ISO isn't a nkit file. If it is, either find another ISO or use the tool from Vims Lair in order to convert it.

Attachments

• Pokemon Grand Colosseum
      GC6E01_2021-11-05_19-03-18.png
      558.3 KB · Views: 49
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This looks great, one of the few Pokémon spin-offs I liked back in the day.

By the way, is there a way to play with the QoL features: P/S split, Fairy + Gen 6 type chart, and later gen moves but not changing Pokémon types (except those that officially became Fairy)? Thank you.

Kya

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2022
    This looks great, one of the few Pokémon spin-offs I liked back in the day.

By the way, is there a way to play with the QoL features: P/S split, Fairy + Gen 6 type chart, and later gen moves but not changing Pokémon types (except those that officially became Fairy)? Thank you.

Thanks! Glad to hear other people still care about this old gem hahah

Yes there is! Using the GoD and Colosseum tool made by Stars you could extract the Pokemon stats CSV and change the types manually back to their originals. I will probably get round to eventually doing this myself, but may be a while as taking a break for a bit. Happy to help you through it if you'd like over on discord :)

Back