• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Kart

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mario Kart is arguably one of Nintendo's most popular video game series, right beside the likes of Super Smash Brothers, Legend of Zelda, Kirby, Star Fox, and so forth.

Mario Kart has made its debut in 1992, celebrating its twenty-year anniversary around 2012, and within all these years, many titles had been released on this series; few of the more notable ones would be Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Double Dash!, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart 7, and Mario Kart 8.

Of all games that we have tried from this series of video games, which one do we feel stood out to us most, and how so? Almost each and every Mario Kart title has a feature exclusive to itself for distinguishing purposes, and from them all, which feature do we find ourselves favoring more? In future, what kind of MK mechanic would we like to see Nintendo introduce?

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Before I went to actual Go-Karting, I told my friends "If I'm as bad at this as I am at Mario Kart, then you're all screwed." Turns out I'm even worse at real-life go-karting XD

Mario Kart is a really fun game to play with friends. It's one of the few racing games (if not the only one) I actually enjoy, since it's so simple yet the worlds are so detailed and pretty. Though me and my brother/cousin have fought quite a bit over it XD

My favorite character is definitely Waluigi. Not only is the tallest (just like I am), but I play him in every Mario title ever - Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, etc. I haven't played MK8 but I think the best addition would be the blue shell. It definitely is a table turner and lets the losing payers get a lead in the race :D

Overall the franchise brings a competitive and genuinely genre in a way no other game world could, which makes it a must-have for all Nintendo home consoles.

Years
    Mario Kart is one of the few games I can play for hours at a time without getting bored. I love Mario Kart, even though I only own the handheld versions. Mario Kart DS is definitely at the top of my list, as I have far more experience playing it than I do any other installment in the series. One of the big things I like about it over Mario Kart 7 is the fact that it has single-player versus mode, because I didn't have internet at home until after DS Wi-Fi was shut down, and local multiplayer is very limited on DS. I never get tired of leaving the computers in my dust on that game :D

In future Mario Kart games, I'd like to see the tracks become more difficult as the engine class becomes more difficult, like having no obstacles on 50cc, some obstacles on 100cc, and lots of obstacles or something on 150cc.

Years
    Mario Kart Wii, 7, and 8 are the best ones so far. DS was alright, Double Dash was a cool idea but the roads all felt like soap. 64 was good too but lacks a lot of what we have today, but that's ok, in its time it was amazing.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Mario Kart is an amazing game, I love it! My favorite thing about is it's one of those rare games that you can ask your friends to play with you, whether they like video games or not. That's a valuable aspect in a video game these days, and Mario Kart definitely has it. I played the older versions a few times, but that was back when I played solely as Luigi. With the newer versions, my main switches from Daisy to Rosalina; they're both so cute. <3

It's always a good time when you race with your best friend for hours on end and keep score of who's won the most. Makes a Saturday afternoon special!

As for my favorite soundtrack in the game, Rainbow Road is probably at the top of my list, but honestly most of them will pleasant to listen to. It's common for me to mute the game I'm playing and turn on my own music from my phone or computer, but this game was an exception. I'm not a huge fan of video game soundtracks, so that's a rare occurrence for me, haha.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Mario Kart is one of my first video game series that I cherish to this day; it made me consider taking go-karting as a career, if my hometown held any go-kart racing that is. Who could forget about the tracks, the items, and the music. I own all 8 installments of the series. Mario Kart DS, 7, and 8 are competing for the best of the series, since they include the best features.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2017
    The Mario Kart games are so good! I think MK8 is their best so far. The moment I started it up and the pretty bright visuals appeared on screen I knew I was in for a ride. Actually I think I was blinded for a bit because I played it in a dark room The game just feels so polished. That, and the music's just so good! uvu

My favorite thing about is it's one of those rare games that you can ask your friends to play with you, whether they like video games or not. That's a valuable aspect in a video game these days, and Mario Kart definitely has it.

The best part is when they end up loving it afterwards!

Years
    To me, Mario Kart 64 stood out the most, more than Mario Kart DS or 7, because it was the first Mario Kart game I played and therefore has a special place in me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    mario kart is awesome. double dash has always been my favorite (nostalgia!) and probably the one i've played the most, but mario kart wii and mario kart 7 were pretty great as well. i don't have a wii u but when i get one i'm definitely getting mario kart 8 because it looks absolutely amazing. the graphics are stunning! *o* i want to play as cat peach so bad, aaa.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Mario Kart Wii is the one I've played the most because my friend has it and we played at his house during parties ALL the time, but Mario Kart 8 is my favorite. Anti-gravity was pretty cool and I enjoyed the Zelda DLC. Link looks really funny in a Kart too with his knees sticking out.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    Mario Kart is like Mario Party for me. I am less and less into it.
    Mario Kart mostly because I feel it's still the same thing as ever...
    (and honnestly, although I always loved mario kart, I prefer Diddy Kong Racing...)

Years
    Going with the consensus that Mario Kart is a classic amongst gamers and non-gamers. It's definitely one of those games that brings everyone together with a little friendly competition. My favourite being the SNES, N64 and GC versions.

Mario Kart is a really fun game to play with friends. It's one of the few racing games (if not the only one) I actually enjoy, since it's so simple yet the worlds are so detailed and pretty. Though me and my brother/cousin have fought quite a bit over it XD

My boyfriend and I thought it'd be a wonderful idea to have Double Dash!! emulated so we could play together because we're long distance. We warned each other about how intense and competitive we could get with racing games. Still ended up screaming profanities and cusses with a crap ton of trash talking during our games, haha.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
    I loved playing the Wii version when i got my Wii 7 years ago. Then, i got Mario Kart DS! It was so much fun! I then picked up Mario Kart 7! I really enjoyed it but then i sold it for $20. I really wan t it back though!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen yesterday
    Also saw that Villager and Isabelle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf are going to be making an appearance in the new DLC. :o And the Animal Crossing racetrack looks great, too.

Years
    I know now! I will never ever make that mistake ever again! It makes me cry everyday!

I rarely let go of my multi-player games. Being that I'm mainly a single-player gamer, I never have an abundance of enjoyable multi-player games that I would keep around so the Mario games on the Gamecube are perfect for those times when I have people over. Mario Kart has always been my go-to.

Back