• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mario Kart 8 DLC Event!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Mario Kart 8 DLC Event!

Hey all! If you didn't know...the new Mario Kart 8 DLC is less than a week away! As such, I'll be hosting a four day racing extravaganza in honor of an awesome amount of DLC fun! In order to play, you simply need to register the lobby code and wait until the DLC is released! Simple enough, right?

4204-0576-2949

The racing begins November 13 as soon as the DLC hits and ends on November 17 at midnight. Five days of fun with your fellow PC members with some exciting new content. Just remember that you MUST have the DLC to participate! Unfortunately Nintendo does not allow racing between DLC owners and non-DLC owners (on the new courses), so those of you without the DLC are out of luck OR if there is demand, I will create a second racing lobby for non-DLC owners to still have fun!

Feel free to use this thread to discuss the new DLC, let me know you'll be racing, or for questions! Thanks ya'll!

Mario Kart 8 DLC Event!

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Got a thing at a friend's place (belated bday party) during a bit of that, but I hope to join in at some point!

I am looking forward to trying out the new courses regardless. =D

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I have MK8 and as much as I'd love to join in, I doubt I'll be able to play, let alone get the DLC. This sounds like a really fun event though :(.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I bought the DLC, but still don't own the game, haha. I'll try to check it out from work at some point for this if I can.

Edit: I just bought the game today since I had some extra cash and I don't really have plans for it anyway, haha. So yeah! Now I have the game and should be able to participate in the events on some nights. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    So, how many of us are going to be using Link?

I really look forward to the Hyrule course. The exchange of rupees for coins and the baba plants for the piranha plants, among other things really allows for the Zelda theme to work well in the Mario Kart universe.

It is a bit disappointing we get yet ANOTHER mario and peach variant. Do we really need 4?!?

Peach/Mario
    Pink Gold Peach/Metal Mario
    Baby Peach/Baby Mario
    Cat Peach/Tanooki Mario

I wish Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, among other characters were given those slots. But, the new courses and playability of Link are definitely enough for me to purchase the DLC pack.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    So, how many of us are going to be using Link?

I really look forward to the Hyrule course. The exchange of rupees for coins and the baba plants for the piranha plants, among other things really allows for the Zelda theme to work well in the Mario Kart universe.

It is a bit disappointing we get yet ANOTHER mario and peach variant. Do we really need 4?!?

Peach/Mario
    Pink Gold Peach/Metal Mario
    Baby Peach/Baby Mario
    Cat Peach/Tanooki Mario

I wish Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, among other characters were given those slots. But, the new courses and playability of Link are definitely enough for me to purchase the DLC pack.

I've heard hints that these two DLC packs are tests to see if the next Mario Kart is actually Nintendo Kart. They're gauging interest based on how these sell. So they put in a few "clones" to just sweeten the pot. :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I've heard hints that these two DLC packs are tests to see if the next Mario Kart is actually Nintendo Kart. They're gauging interest based on how these sell. So they put in a few "clones" to just sweeten the pot. :P
    Not sure I'd like that. All of Nintendo's racers are different - Mario Kart, F-Zero, Wave Race, Diddy Kong, Excitebike - and I'd love to see new entries in each. The DLC feels like a special treat to me. I want to keep it that way

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    THE DLC IS OUT TOMORROW YOU GUYS!!! Why aren't a million people signed up for this? >:( Anyway, the DLC will be a great way to unwind after my lab final tomorrow.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years
    Why,oh why do I not own a Wii U yet?

"Because you.....don't have that much money?"

Yeah. Exactly. When I buy a Wii U though,I will get Mario Kart 8 AND the DLC!

......But not before I buy FFXIII-2 on Steam! X3

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    THE DLC IS OUT TOMORROW YOU GUYS!!! Why aren't a million people signed up for this? >:( Anyway, the DLC will be a great way to unwind after my lab final tomorrow.
    I would say because no one owns a Wii U probably. I know I don't at least.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I would say because no one owns a Wii U probably. I know I don't at least.

Yeah, I get that, but there are less signing up for this than for the regular MK8 event that was held before. Plus, the first post mentions a room for non-DLC players, so you'd think more people would sign up at least to play MK together on the regular courses. But oh well, I think things will pick up more after the holidays when more people obtain the system/game. There will always be time for MK events after that. :)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Syd and I will be playing together to check out the tracks slowly and enjoying the scenery. :) THEN we gon race ya'll to death!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I'll see if I can join in tomorrow, because I've recently got back from my college campus for tutoring help, and I got an evening class today.

Back