• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem if

Years
    So There's feet, it seems to finally be on a different continent (The last 3 games have all taken place on Archanea so it's about time) The mouth of truth golem seems to imply we'll have monsters Like Fe Gaiden and The Sacred Stones, speaking of sacred stones the dancer seem to be a sort of mix between Olivia (FE13) Ninian (FE7) and Eirika (FE8).
    Also the white haired character (named Kamui) is being speculated to possibly be the new avatar (implied by the fact he looks different in certain parts) And there seem to be the possiblitity of multiple lords like FE7.
    Then: either the Knight and general got their much needed redesign Or we have a playable halberdier again.
    None of the currently revealed characters seem to fit into any common archetype possibly because of the different story writer.
    There seems to be a war between 2 factions one eastern themed and one western themed.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    I just hope there aren't any characters like Nowi in this one. I hated her design.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    Having a child character is fine, even if she is secretly a 1000 year old dragon girl, but it's like.. Why does she have to be wearing skimpy outfits and be marry-able?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    er, sequel to Awakening... kind of an interesting thought, but what would it be? Just the kids in the future with a new Grima awakening? I mean, that whole thing was kind of beaten to death already.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Not a follow up to Awakening. I think they said that already. "Same team, New Story"
    I'm SO GLAD it is on 3DS

Fire Emblem usually looks European, which i guess makes it stand out in Japan, but this game looks super-Japanese.

I was a Fire Emblem noob last time around, so this time I'll play for keeps. First run is Classic No-Reset.

What will Return - Casual Mode - Probably the only reason it sold well in US. It helps get new players into the series.

What will Go - Download teams seemed directly tied into Awakening's Plot. Children too. (Marriage might be on the table)

Awakening was great, but the pairing system (making 2 units share a space) made them two powerful. I LOVE the idea of adjacent characters working together though.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Awakening was great, but the pairing system (making 2 units share a space) made them two powerful. I LOVE the idea of adjacent characters working together though.

Kinda the opposite - pairing them up was the only way for each of them to not.. die in higher difficulties. D:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Kinda the opposite - pairing them up was the only way for each of them to not.. die in higher difficulties. D:

or one of the most stable situations in the game :x

tbh Im actually stoked for this, I might just buy this game, considering it is on the 3DS, I just really hope it isnt a N3DS exclusive, because I would rage. Now, I just need to finish Awakening. x3

Sir Codin

Having a child character is fine, even if she is secretly a 1000 year old dragon girl, but it's like.. Why does she have to be wearing skimpy outfits and be marry-able?
    Because you won't be able to get any super-powered dragon children that way?

Naw, that's a flimsy excuse.

If they have another manakete in this new game, can she be like...maybe 3000 or something?

That way she'll look at least 16.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    You're posting this on a forum that has a Pokegirls thread at the Pokémon General where some of the users list trainers who aren't physically 18. I don't understand how they get away with it there but not Nowi, or any Manakete who physically look young, here. Double Standards, or is it different target demographics between the two franchises?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    Nowi gets by censorship because of her 1000 years age, but, let's face it, she's a lolita and was made like that because Japanese guys are weird like that and like it, and Japan is FE's primary market.

I'd never marry her because, while she's definitely cute, she sorta lacks secondary sexual traits and therefore she doesn't interest me.

I wonder what would happen if she had scored high in the popularity polls that led to the fanservice DLC... The puritans at NOA would've had a field day with it!

Years
    Nowi gets by censorship because of her 1000 years age, but, let's face it, she's a lolita and was made like that because Japanese guys are weird like that and like it, and Japan is FE's primary market.

I'd never marry her because, while she's definitely cute, she sorta lacks secondary sexual traits and therefore she doesn't interest me.

I wonder what would happen if she had scored high in the popularity polls that led to the fanservice DLC... The puritans at NOA would've had a field day with it!
    Thank goodness she wasn't that popular. Because of her appearance, she just isn't appealing at all in that manner and it would have been jarring to see "fanservice" of such a character.

Ah I remember Tharja being censored in that Summer Scramble DLC in the North American localization. A Tharja trophy was also pulled from the new Smash games, too.

Uh.. back on topic, I wonder what these expanded choices the player can make in this new game means... Can you join different factions and determine the outcome of the war? Will there be multiple endings and such?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    But guys without Nowi you don't get the awesomeness that is Nah

If they have another manakete in this new game, can she be like...maybe 3000 or something?

That way she'll look at least 16.
    Tiki was ~3000 in Awakening

Uh.. back on topic, I wonder what these expanded choices the player can make in this new game means... Can you join different factions and determine the outcome of the war? Will there be multiple endings and such?
    Who knows. Choice things in video games tend to vary so much. It could be that while they highlight it, we might only be able to make a few choices or the "choices" we make lead to the same result anyway or the choice system is really black/white. But it could also be that they actually implement a choice system that isn't so black/white and actually has profound effects on the story.

I don't think we'll know until we get the game.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    A dynamic choice system would be amazing fore Fire Emblem, because - if you are playing normal - your characters are dying and you might have to start over from the beginning. (Though most people just replay a map if someone dies, or casual mode like myself) Those small choice-changes could make each play-through feel new again.

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2017
    But guys without Nowi you don't get the awesomeness that is Nah

That's true but there's no good reason for Nowi to look like a child. I'm all for having awesome powerful dragon children but having a child character available to marry is just weird. Yes she's not a 'child' but "i am a 1000 year old dragon in a child's body" is a ridiculous excuse and it just seems like a way to force a loli character into the game which is just wrong.

Years
    That's true but there's no good reason for Nowi to look like a child. I'm all for having awesome powerful dragon children but having a child character available to marry is just weird. Yes she's not a 'child' but "i am a 1000 year old dragon in a child's body" is a ridiculous excuse and it just seems like a way to force a loli character into the game which is just wrong.
    Thw thing is loli manakete aren't anything new to the series in FE1,3,11,12 you had Tiki in fe6 you had Sophia and in Fe8 you had Myrrh although none of them had such erm... unique choice in clothes.

Sir Codin

Thw thing is loli manakete aren't anything new to the series in FE1,3,11,12 you had Tiki in fe6 you had Sophia and in Fe8 you had Myrrh although none of them had such erm... unique choice in clothes.
    Yeah, but could you marry any of them, let alone have children with them?

No, really, could you? I haven't played many of the other FE games, so I don't know.

Years
    Yeah, but could you marry any of them, let alone have children with them?

No, really, could you? I haven't played many of the other FE games, so I don't know.

Nope, maybe the closest you could get is an ending in fe8 with Ephraim and Myrrh although there's no implied romance (at least not in localized don't know about japanese version).
    Awakening was the first to have an avatar that could marry fe7 and fe12 had avatars but couldn't get any relationships with other units, in fe7 the avatar was a silent protagonist that was just the tactician and didn't fight,

Back