• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Atlas Emerald (Beta 1.0rv) - Update May24 - Game now is Completable

Years
    • Online now
    How come my Torchick wil stop evolving

Thank You for going out of your way to fix that! Happy to help make this one of the best rom hacks out there. The difference I find between final and atlas that I wish was in Atlas is the usable tms and getting ex from catching Pokémon. Was that intentional?
    The game have a level cap, the max level at first is Lv. 15, each badge you acquire allow more 5 levels, after the 8th badge you can reach Lv. 100 without restrictions.

This is gameplay balancing related, because of the addition of new Regions, my intent to this game is to you enjoy your time and have feeling of progression, having side content to do in new areas, trying to break a little of the mold to rush to every gym leader as soon as possible.

The level cap was necessary to avoid overleveling and making the game a little more challenging, but not hard to be frustrating. That's why I still trying to figure out the best way to balance it.

I tried to add reusable TMs, but some of them had a problem and are consumed after use.

No exp capturing Pokémon is intentional, is design choice.

Also, why can't I patch over the old patch to update it?
    The patch always need to be applied in a clean Rom for updates.

Hope I helped!

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    The game have a level cap, the max level at first is Lv. 15, each badge you acquire allow more 5 levels, after the 8th badge you can reach Lv. 100 without restrictions.

This is gameplay balancing related, because of the addition of new Regions, my intent to this game is to you enjoy your time and have feeling of progression, having side content to do in new areas, trying to break a little of the mold to rush to every gym leader as soon as possible.

The level cap was necessary to avoid overleveling and making the game a little more challenging, but not hard to be frustrating. That's why I still trying to figure out the best way to balance it.

I tried to add reusable TMs, but some of them had a problem and are consumed after use.

Hope I helped!
    Ok thank you! This helps a ton. I was playing Final World before this. Can you find Pokémon in same locations? For example, tyrogue was in the cave where second gym is for Final World but I'm having trouble finding it now. In Gold and Silver it was a gift Pokémon so where would I find it here?

Days
    • Seen May 5, 2024

Hope I helped!
    Hi! I've encountered another bug. I'm using a Meditite that just unlocked Hidden Power, and every time I go to select that move the game freezes. I could select any other move without a problem, it only happens when I go over that move, even if I don't select it.

Years
    • Online now
    Ok thank you! This helps a ton. I was playing Final World before this. Can you find Pokémon in same locations? For example, tyrogue was in the cave where second gym is for Final World but I'm having trouble finding it now. In Gold and Silver it was a gift Pokémon so where would I find it here?
    Hi Helouis93,

Some Pokémon are not added in for now, Tyrogue and other baby Pokémon are in Faraway Island.

For now I added Tyrogue in Dark Cave next to Violet City.

I intend to add NPCs giving baby Pokémon eggs in future.

Hi! I've encountered another bug. I'm using a Meditite that just unlocked Hidden Power, and every time I go to select that move the game freezes. I could select any other move without a problem, it only happens when I go over that move, even if I don't select it.

Thank you very much for the bug report.

I was researching a way to fix it, but still struggling to identify the error, I didn't changed any Move. From my backup versions the Hidden Power was working before applying Modexe mods.

In the next update I will change Hidden Power by a different Move, until I find a way to fix it.

EDIT: After days searching the problem, finally I discovered the error. I added a QoL with Modexe to change color of effective/ineffective moves. Due the Hidden Power special characteristics the move crashed the game.

Hidden Power Move is working normally in my tests now.

I'm adding a new update with the fix.

If possible let me know if is working to you as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    Dear all,

New update. Major changes:

- Magnetic Train, S. S. Anne, S. S. Aqua, Seagallop and the minor Region Boats are "explorable" . S. S. Tidal was expanded. (WIP)

-Trainers updated and realocated until 4th/5th Gym (Route 118), pending Trainers only in Surf Routes 107-109.

-Now Kanto and Johto have more trainers in overworld, some Team Rocket bases have grunts too.

-Major changes in Travel in Sevii Islands, Cianwood City reach to One Island, then every Sevii Island will have a boat to the next. I think now is better organized.

-Necessary to talk with Rydel first in Mauville City to buy Mach Bike and Acro Bike in the other bike stores. (Changed mainly due a possible sequence break with rival on route 110).

More details in the changelog.

Wishing a great weekend to everyone!!!

Days
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Dear all,

New update. Major changes:

- Magnetic Train, S. S. Anne, S. S. Aqua, Seagallop and the minor Region Boats are "explorable" . S. S. Tidal was expanded. (WIP)

-Trainers updated and realocated until 4th/5th Gym (Route 118), pending Trainers only in Surf Routes 107-109.

-Now Kanto and Johto have more trainers in overworld, some Team Rocket bases have grunts too.

-Major changes in Travel in Sevii Islands, Cianwood City reach to One Island, then every Sevii Island will have a boat to the next. I think now is better organized.

-Necessary to talk with Rydel first in Mauville City to buy Mach Bike and Acro Bike in the other bike stores. (Changed mainly due a possible sequence break with rival on route 110).

More details in the changelog.

Wishing a great weekend to everyone!!!
    Hi, do you have an official discord server? Thank you

Years
    • Online now
    Dear all,

A new update. Major changes:

- Game is now completable. The Routes 129-134 are empty because I want to use the Trainers in them for future quests or special battles. I probably add NPCs later and maybe at least 1 Trainer each route (mainly for experience)

- Added new Zinnia battle at Sky Pillar

- All Team Rocket bases/hideouts have a statue to be more easy to identify (Rocket Hideout in Celadon; Rocket Hideaway in Goldenrod and Mahogany; and Rocket Warehouse on Five Island)

- Added OW sprites to Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Suicune, Raikou and Entei. The Regis are updated as well.

- Improved Eusine event: to enter in Burned Tower GS Ball is necessary (found in Rocket Hideaway in Goldenrod City), and to reach Eusine is necessary the 8th badge. After the event is possible to capture the Legendary Dogs.

- HM Flash show all the screen now

- Improved Ice Maps (Seafoam Islands, Icefall Cave and Ice Path)

- Improved Battle Backgrounds

- Improved May house

- Added Zinnia in intro

- Updated World Map (Pokedex and Pokenav)

- Updated Kris battle sprite

- Fixed other misc things and text errors.

--//--

In my last playthrough I didn't identified major bugs.

Anyone that find a bug, please let me know.

--//--

Hope everyone have a great week!

Hi, do you have an official discord server? Thank you
    I don't have an official discord server, sorry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi,

Thanks for all the work you put in that rom hack.
    With the latest update, we'll have to restart a new save file if there are new updates ?

Years
    • Online now
    Hi,

Thanks for all the work you put in that rom hack.
    With the latest update, we'll have to restart a new save file if there are new updates ?
    Hi Asordanisos,

No, in the last update (v1.0ru) I did all the important changes in the "main game". (e.g: added Courtney and Zinnia in the history).

Will be not needed to restart the game from beginning.

In future I still want to improve the story adding more dialogue from ORAS (because I think expanded a lot of RSE lore), give more participation to NPCs like gym leaders, Elite 4 members, Wally, Zinnia, the professors and others.

I played some retro RPGs lately (mainly SNES games), and a lot of them are really charming and have great stories, even with all the hardware limitations.

I think Pokémon games have great characters, but they normally don't have much spotlight. As an RPG Fan I want to expand this if possible.

For the next updates I intend to only add more content for "post-game" or simple sidequests.

Some examples:

1) Trainer Tower in Seven Island

My intention is to add Team Galactic and other gen4 NPCs as bonus here.

I'm verifying the possibility to add gen4 Pokémons, but if I'm not successful the worst case scenario will be adding non-capturable Pokémons only to be adversaries.

2) Minor side quests

Quests similar to FireRed Sevii Islands
    like the one with Hypno kidnapping children, a quest in Sylph Co. to get an additional Master Ball and etc. This is mainly to give meaningful rewards for exploration.

Sometimes I have a lot of ideas but I'm not sure if I'll be able to execute all of them. I noticed I need to control a little my ideas because the scope of the hack keeps growing and I need to be careful to not get burnout when I hit a wall or something... I'm girlbossing too close to sun here lol

But after having this experience I can appreciate a lot more hacks from other people and games in general, because making a game is not easy and doing a good game is a labor of love (and people still may hate it... lol)

Days
    • Seen today
    In version 1.0ru, if you defeat Brawly after defeating all the gym trainers in Dewford Town's gym, the brightness will become strange and it will become uncontrollable.

Attachments

• Pokemon Atlas Emerald (Beta 1.0rv) - Update May24 - Game now is Completable
      Pokemon Atlas Emerald v1.0ru-0.png
      1.9 KB · Views: 0
    Years
    • Online now
    In version 1.0ru, if you defeat Brawly after defeating all the gym trainers in Dewford Town's gym, the brightness will become strange and it will become uncontrollable.
    Hi masmos,

Thank you for the bug report.

I did an update reverting Flash to the default configuration.

Can you try again with the new update?

I tested with mGBA and looks like is working now.

Please let me know if is working to you know.

Days
    • Seen today
    Thank you for the new update.
    When I upgraded to version 1.0rv, the brightness returned to normal and I was able to proceed with the game.

Years
    • Online now
    Thank you for the new update.
    When I upgraded to version 1.0rv, the brightness returned to normal and I was able to proceed with the game.
    Hi masmos,

Thank you for the confirmation!

Just to you now, I did a new update in v1.0rv. I forgot nurse Joy needed to be next of the machine to do the heal animation. I changed her position in Hoenn Pokecenters, to fix the silliness of her putting the pokeballs over Chansey.

I think finally everything is stable in this version now.

Days
    • Seen today
    This is a bug report.
    In version 1.0rv, Chansey was added next to the nurse at the Pokemon Center, causing the Pokemon ball to shift from the machine.

Attachments

• Pokemon Atlas Emerald (Beta 1.0rv) - Update May24 - Game now is Completable
      Pokemon Atlas Emerald v1.0rv-0.png
      7.3 KB · Views: 0
    Years
    • Online now
    Well, it's because I wrote it without updating it.
    I reported what CAulin wrote.
    Thank you for the reports!!!

I forgot about Pokecenter animation, because I normally bug test the New Regions a lot more than Hoenn lol

Back