• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Giovanni Origins [FULL RELEASE - PLAY JOHTO NOW!]

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
    • Seen today
    I'll give you a hint in the form of a riddle for the second to last exhibit, and I'll have another spoiler that just has the answer to it if you'd rather not work it out :)

Spoiler: Hint: Riddle

Spoiler: Solution:

Amallah coming in with the clutch replies, this man is something else 😂 thanks brother!

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Ladies and Gentlemen, v2.0.6 is here!

Bug fixes:
    - Various minor bug fixes.
    - Surfing in Cherrygrove Town fixed.

New content:
    - Find Articuno in the game! (Seafoam Islands)
    - Find Moltres in the game! (Burned Tower)
    - Access the top floors of Radio Tower in Goldenrod City (check Route 30 for the required item...!)
    - Find and battle Silver as the latest post-game battle added to the game!

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins v2.0.6 - DOWNLOAD

Thank you for playing, giving feedback and reporting bugs!

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Ladies and Gentlemen, v2.0.6 is here!

Bug fixes:
    - Various minor bug fixes.
    - Surfing in Cherrygrove Town fixed.

New content:
    - Find Articuno in the game! (Seafoam Islands)
    - Find Moltres in the game! (Burned Tower)
    - Access the top floors of Radio Tower in Goldenrod City (check Route 30 for the required item...!)
    - Find and battle Silver as the latest post-game battle added to the game!

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins v2.0.6 - DOWNLOAD

Thank you for playing, giving feedback and reporting bugs!
    Thanks for the updates! Is there some glitch when entering Seafoam islands? When I go in, I end up in Ecruteak cave near Mahogany town.
    Or is that some kind of intentional puzzle ??

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Hi I noticed a glitch/bug. When I evolved Metagross into Dark variant:
    1. Its sprite is not visible on pokemon list screen
    2. When Dark metagross is sent into battle, its sprite is floating in the air at a very unusual position.
    I am attaching screenshots (Optimus = Metagross), maybe you can fix this is the next update. Thanks!

Attachments

• Pokémon: Giovanni Origins [FULL RELEASE - PLAY JOHTO NOW!]
      Giovanni_1.jpg
      212.2 KB · Views: 1
    • Pokémon: Giovanni Origins [FULL RELEASE - PLAY JOHTO NOW!]
      Giovanni_2.jpg
      171.6 KB · Views: 1

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks for the updates! Is there some glitch when entering Seafoam islands? When I go in, I end up in Ecruteak cave near Mahogany town.
    Or is that some kind of intentional puzzle ??

Hi I noticed a glitch/bug. When I evolved Metagross into Dark variant:
    1. Its sprite is not visible on pokemon list screen
    2. When Dark metagross is sent into battle, its sprite is floating in the air at a very unusual position.
    I am attaching screenshots (Optimus = Metagross), maybe you can fix this is the next update. Thanks!

Thanks for reporting these - if you're download patch 2.0.6 I have fixed the Seafoam Islands entrance.

I will get the Metagross bits fixed in the next update. Might be a few days until I can get a new patch out though!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey just came to report a similar issue with dark Milotic - the menu icon is also a question mark. You might have to check each of these dark types whether they are implemented properly. Thankfully I saved before experimenting with the candies, will wait for an update.

Also I just wanna compliment you for creating a carefully crafted masterpiece - one of my favourite english speaking fangames. Played the Kanto part last year and now I replayed from scratch to experience Johto as well, still in Kanto though. Story is intriguing but not over-the-top dark edgy and complicated. The right amount of a mix between what you'd expect in a vanilla story + some lore expansions and more fleshed out details in dialogue. The mapping is wonderful and charming, the core of each city and route is alive, but you repainted them in amazing ways, sometimes revamping them heavily or just adding some vegetation or a tree - sometimes even just that one big tree placed at the right spot can do wonders as weird as it sounds. Difficulty and the shuffled progression throughout the region kept me on my toes - and it was done very well so far. Secrets, side quests, boss Pokemon and the general encounter variety are top-notch and elevate an already polished story. Having a Mismagius, Milotic and Flygon is something I wouldn't have expected in Kanto. But its all well-thought-out and encounters are not just randomly distributed to have a big Pokedex and mons from all gens for the sake of having them. So to anyone still considering to play this - its not just a story game about Giovanni, no, its a fleshed out Pokemon experience with lots of side content thats implemented in the right way without clashing with the core or oversaturating the map. It just feels like vanilla gen3 Pokemon taken to the next level.

I would be ecstatic to see the Hoenn region in your style. There's lots of prequel potential too with Maxie, Archie, Zinnia or Steven and the Devon Corp if you'll stil have the passion, motivation and time to do these criminal sheananigans. Just food for thought. Thank you for this experience!

Amallah

Horror Maze Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Anyway I can play this on my phone?
    I'm not sure about iOS, but if you're on Android, you can play using Joiplay, but you can't use the version from the Google Play Store as it doesn't support what's needed for Pokémon Essentials/RPG Maker XP games. There's a thread here that has some info on playing RPG Maker games using Joiplay, I recommend reading the whole thing as it should solve most things you might have an issue with while trying to play:

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm not sure about iOS, but if you're on Android, you can play using Joiplay, but you can't use the version from the Google Play Store as it doesn't support what's needed for Pokémon Essentials/RPG Maker XP games. There's a thread here that has some info on playing RPG Maker games using Joiplay, I recommend reading the whole thing as it should solve most things you might have an issue with while trying to play:

Thanks great, thanks for the reply!

Back