• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fixed Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Platinum

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2021
    This is my first ROM hack ever, so it's a rather simple one. I'm sure someone has done this before, but I couldn't find anything. So, here's my Fixed Shiny Pokémon hack for Platinum!
    This hack does what you think, it fixes bad shinies within the entire National dex of Pokémon Platinum. A total of 213 Pokémon's shinies have been redone entirely, or slightly altered to make them look a bit better.

This hack is Randomizable, so if you want to do a Cute charm Randomizer, or a Shiny cheat code randomizer, you can do so. Play this however you want to! You can just hunt for the normal 8192 odds as well if thats the way you want to do it.
    If you would like to see all of the Shiny Pokemon that have been edited in this hack, I have a google document that lists every single shiny change with pictures. You can find it here.

Here is the Download to the Patch
    This patch works on all PC platforms, as well as Android and IOS as long as you can find a patching app.

I know this site has a guide on how to patch, but here is a quick rundown for the program I used.
    The patch file that you downloaded is a .xdelta file, meaning it works with a program called "xDelta" I'm uncertain if you can change the file extension if you use a different program. xDelta is very easy to use, and very straight forward. You just need to pick the file your patching, the patch itself, and then where the patched ROM is going.
    If you patch it and get a file with no file extension, Then all you have to do is rename the file to .nds and it will transform into a ROM that you can use in an emulator, or on a DS, where ever you want as long as you know how to do it.
    Let me know if you have any bugs to report, questions to ask, and criticisms to give. Some shinies aren't for everyone, and this mod is based off of personal preference, so any feedback on the sprites would be appreciated!​

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I've managed to patch it but it unfortunately didn't wanna load and was wonderingif you could possibly Send a patched version since I've tried multiple times to get it to work, and I'm on android

Back